Chris Brown Checks in to Rehab
UPDATED: One day after D.C. prosecutors lowered an assault charge, the 24-year-old has chosen to "gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior."
Chris Brown is entering rehab.
"Chris Brown has elected to enter a rehab facility," a rep for the singer-actor confirmed in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday evening. "His goal is to gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior, enabling him to continue the pursuit of his life and his career from a healthier vantage point."
E! Online first reported the news.
The decision comes one day after Washington, D.C., prosecutors lowered an assault charge to a misdemeanor after the 24-year-old was accused of striking a man during a fight outside the W Hotel in the early morning hours on Sunday, following a party at a nearby nightclub.
Brown is on probation after pleading guilty to attacking his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. He was sentenced to community service and five years probation, but has faced additional legal woes since then.
In 2012, Brown was allegedly involved in a bar brawl in New York between his camp and Drake's, as well as a parking space dispute with Frank Ocean. There has also been controversy over whether Brown completed his community service hours in Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR