Chris Brown, Drake Involved in New York Bar Brawl (Report)
The "Don't Wake Me Up" singer Tweeted a photo of his gashed chin after a scuffle at SoHo's W.I.P.
Chris Brown keeps insisting that he wants no more Rihanna romantic drama. But last night he posted a photo of a cut on his chin, allegedly received during a bar fight with rapper Drake, who has been romantically linked with the Barbadian singer.
TMZ reports that Brown and his entourage got into it with the "Take Care" rapper at the nightclub W.I.P in SoHo. According to their sources, Brown sent a bottle of champagne over to Drake's table as a peace offering.
The YMCMB rapper allegedly came over, punched Brown in the face and threw the bottle at him. But a Daily Mail report has Drake sending a nasty note back to Brown with graphic comments about his romantic relationship with Brown’s former girlfriend and Brown then becoming enraged. Either way, it sounds ugly.
The brawl involving the two chart-toppers and their crews broke out around 4 a.m. Thursday. Five people were injured at the scene, according to the NYPD, who arrived after receiving a call between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. No arrests were made. Both Drake and Brown had conveniently left the club by the time the cops arrrived.
Shards of shattered glass flew around the basement club, police sources told the New York Daily News. Their report included a photo of the trashed club with broken glass on the floor.
Brown took to his Twitter page to post a photo of the laceration on his chin (which he indicated came from a bottle) and revealing messages, like "How u party wit rich n**** that hate? Lol... Throwing bottles like girls? #shameonya!" and "Ok! N****s stand behind security! Ok! U don't pay them enough."
Brown has since deleted the messages on his Twitter page, including the photo of his injury.
Meanwhile, rumors of a Brown-Rihanna rekindling have been reported in the press. Various sources have placed the former couple partying together at New York nightclub Avenue earlier this week after her joined her family for Jay-Z's basketball party with her family, incuding her grandfather, Lionel Braithwaite.
And in early June, Rihanna dissed a British Esquire reporter for asking about her relationship with her ex-boyfriend, who pled guilty to physically abusing her after Clive Davis' pre-Grammy bash in 2009.
"If I went back to him [as a girlfriend], then that’s a whole different discussion ... I think a lot of people jumped to an assumption that was incorrect and they ended up looking stupid," she told the reporter. "This is turning into a tacky interview."
Tell us: What do you think is going on with Chris and Rihanna?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting