NBA Star Tony Parker Suing Club in Chris Brown-Drake Brawl for $20 Mil
A lawyer for the San Antonio Spurs player said SoHo’s W.iP. was "throwing gasoline on the flames," by letting both musicians into the bar at the same time.
Accusations have been flying over whom is responsible for last week’s brawl involving Chris Brown and Drake. NBA star Tony Parker, who was injured during the fight, is placing the blame squarely on the SoHo nightclub where it all went down.
Parker is suing club W.i.P.’s owners for $20 million related to “corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries” he says he suffered during the fight, the New York Post reports.
According to Parker’s court filing, the club was in the wrong when it let both musicians and their entourages into the club at the same time, knowing there may have been bad blood over the singers' romantic histories with Rihanna.
“The defendants were reckless, careless and negligent in permitting Drake’s entourage and Brown’s entourage to be in the club at the same time despite known tension between the two,” the filing says.
Parker’s lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, put it another way, saying Rihanna has “been known, like Helen of Troy, to cause trouble.”
The quippy attorney said the extent of Parker’s injuries were not yet known, but added they “certainly don’t improve your outside shot.” He also called selling booze and bottle service to both entourages “throwing gasoline on the flames."
Parker, who plays for the San Antonio Spurs, said he wasn’t sitting with either of the musician’s camps, but was injured while with his friend Chris Brown.
“Me and my friends took some punches,” Parker said. “They started throwing bottles everywhere."
W.i.P. has already had setbacks since the brawl. The New York Police Department shut down the club last weekend for code violations unrelated to the fight. Its manager was earlier arrested after police came to investigate a noise complaint.
In addition to Parker, who said he will be sidelined for one week of play for his native France at the London Olympics, seven other people were injured in the brawl, according to the AP. Among them were Brown—whose Twitter picture of a chin laceration ignited a media storm last week, and 21-year-old model Ingrid Gutierrez, whose lawyer says she was scarred and may require plastic surgery.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David