Chris Brown Offers Mea Culpa After Dropping Gay Slur
"I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it," he tweeted Wednesday.
Chris Brown on Wednesday retreated from comments he made a day earlier in which he called used the word "gay" as an insult.
As an L.A. police officer was about to give Brown a ticket for being illegally parked Tuesday, Brown accused the cameramen present of alerting the police.
"Y'all n--gas is weak," he said. "Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'all n--gas is gay."
(Incidentally, the cop decided not to write Brown a ticket; watch TMZ's video of the incident here.)
On Wednesday, he tweeted about the incident, though it wasn't an out-and-out apology.
"I have total respect for Gay community and my intention was not to insult anyone in it #REALS--T," he wrote.
GLAAD has not responded to THR's requests for comment, but gay rights group the Human Rights Campaign told TMZ the language is "just plain unacceptable."
"He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions," the rep added.
This isn't the first time Brown has used a gay slur. In December, the singer called ex-B2K member Raz B a "homo" and a "d**k in da booty ass lil boy" on Twitter.
Earlier this year, Brown was forced to apologize after he destroyed a dressing room once he stormed off the Good Morning America set during an interview with Robin Roberts.
Brown also is still under a restraining order that forbids him from annoying, harassing or stalking his ex-girlfriend Rihanna, whom he beat on the night of the Grammy Awards in 2009.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack