Chris Brown Ordered to Court as Judge Calls for Community Service Audit
The R&B star, whose new album "Fortune" is No. 1 this week, has to to detail the amount of hours he worked to fulfill his five-year probation sentence for assaulting former girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.
Chris Brown is not yet off the hook for his assault against former girlfriend Rihanna back in February 2009.
On Tuesday, the R&B star was called back to court where a judge ordered an audit of his community service work. At issue: Deputy District Attorney Mary Murray cited a potential discrepancy in the number of hours and amount of work Brown performed as part of his sentence. She requested the audit because records documented the singer’s progress were unclear.
According to Billboard, Brown's home state of Virginia called for six months of mandated labor, but the judge said that Los Angeles probation officials should ensure the records reflect the accurate amount of work the singer has actually performed. Superior Court judge Patricia Schnegg scheduled another hearing for August 21.
Brown’s appearance at the hearing marks his first court date in several months, and the singer, whose new album Fortune is No. 1 on the Billboard 200 this week, has reportedly received commendatory reports from Schnegg and his probation officers.
This past February officials reported that Brown had completed half of his manual labor work after pleading guilty in 2009, so the artist’s attorney Mark Geragos requested for Brown’s probation to be terminated at the time. His request was declined by a judge who said that Brown should complete more of his community service work, which includes roadside cleanup, graffiti removal among other manual labor tasks.
Brown has completed his mandated domestic violence and anger management counseling after his violent outbreak in 2009, but the artist still remains on probation, which was set at five years.
Recently, Brown and fellow hip-hop star Drake got into a scuffle at New York City nightclub W.i.P.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!