Chris Brown Suffers Seizure; Blames 'Extreme Emotional Stress' from 'Nonstop Negativity'
The singer collapsed at the Record Plant recording studio in Hollywood on Friday.
Chris Brown suffered a seizure early Friday morning while working at Los Angeles recording studio the Record Plant, the singer's rep has confirmed. He was not hospitalized.
According to a statement issued Friday night: "Chris suffered a nonepileptic seizure (NES). ... His doctor tended to him this afternoon and attributes the NES to intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress, both due to the continued onslaught of unfounded legal matters and the nonstop negativity."
In the hours after the seizure, the hashtag "PrayForChrisBrown" became a trending topic on Twitter, although details of his medical condition at first were sketchy. Several outlets reported that the 24-year-old singer refused treatment by paramedics or hospitalization.
Brown has been battling bad press for years and also has seen his share of legal problems -- as recently as this week. According to E!, Brown paid a visit to a Van Nuys, Calif., jail in connection with a May 21 hit-and-run incident during which Brown allegedly fled the scene. Brown has pleaded not guilty. He was released after an hour with no bail set.
A trial has been scheduled for Aug. 15.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR