Chris Brown's Next Single to Feature Aaliyah
The R&B star made the announcement at a BET Awards press conference on Tuesday.
Aaliyah lives on.
Never-before-heard vocals from the late singer, who died in a plane crash in 2001, will be featured on Chris Brown’s next single “They Don’t Know.” The R&B star made the announcement during a BET Awards press conference on Tuesday.
“I got something real special for my fans,”said Brown, as reported by Rap-Up.com, explaining that a video for the track was shot in Los Angeles over the weekend.
“I shot it in the ‘hood. I went to 60th Street and Cedar Block,” he elaborated. “[I’m] bringing both worlds together and trying to uplift the poverty side of the community and show them where I’m from. I’m from Virginia, but everybody comes from a broken home or being broke – I remember when I was.”
The song will appear on Brown’s sixth studio album, X, due out July 16. Brown will also perform at the BET Awards, set to air live from Nokia Theater on June 30.
Aaliyah released three studio albums before her untimely death at age 22. Her final, self-titled album peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. Also a budding actress, Aaliyah starred posthumously in the Anne Rice adaptation Queen of the Damned, in which she played the title role.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR