Chris Columbus' 1492 Pictures Acquires Santa Claus-Themed Spec Script
"Short Circuit" writer Matt Lieberman penned "12/24," which is based on an idea by David Guggenheim.
Chris Columbus' 1492 Pictures has partnered with Ocean Blue Entertainment to preemptively pick up a Santa Claus-themed spec script entitled 12/24 that was penned by Short Circuit writer Matt Lieberman.
The story, based on an idea by Safe House writer David Guggenheim, follows two brothers who attempt to prove the existence of Santa Claus and eventually join up with St. Nick on a sleigh ride that runs into trouble.
The picture is being produced by Michael Barnathan, Mark Radcliffe and Columbus for 1492 Pictures. Madhouse Entertainment along with Guggenheim also will produce.
Ocean Blue has a deal with 1492 Pictures to finance and produce films together.
Lieberman is repped by WME and Madhouse Entertainment. Guggenheim is repped by Madhouse and Paradigm.
1492 Pictures' slate of films includes the sequel Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, which has set an August 7 release date.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack