Chris Hardwick to Develop BBC America Show Based on Nerdist Podcast
He has also been tapped to host the network’s “Ministry of Laughs” comedy block, beginning June 18.
Comedian Chris Hardwick has inked a deal with BBC America to develop a pilot based on his popular Nerdist podcast, it was announced Monday.
The pilot will be a panel talk show hosted by Hardwick. The show will cover all things relative to geek culture from L.A. to London and feature celebrity guests with their own nerd obsessions. Hardwick will serve as an executive producer along with K.P. Anderson (The Soup) and Jay James.
Hardwick has also been tapped to host the network’s Saturday night comedy block, “Ministry of Laughs,” which launches June 18 at 10 p.m. His company, Nerdist Industries, and Comcast Entertainment Studios will produce the “Ministry” pieces and the show.
Hardwick, who is a self-proclaimed Doctor Who fan, has hosted several events for the hit U.K. series. His pilot/special will be a BBC America original program.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!