Chris Hardwick to Develop BBC America Show Based on Nerdist Podcast
He has also been tapped to host the network’s “Ministry of Laughs” comedy block, beginning June 18.
Comedian Chris Hardwick has inked a deal with BBC America to develop a pilot based on his popular Nerdist podcast, it was announced Monday.
The pilot will be a panel talk show hosted by Hardwick. The show will cover all things relative to geek culture from L.A. to London and feature celebrity guests with their own nerd obsessions. Hardwick will serve as an executive producer along with K.P. Anderson (The Soup) and Jay James.
Hardwick has also been tapped to host the network’s Saturday night comedy block, “Ministry of Laughs,” which launches June 18 at 10 p.m. His company, Nerdist Industries, and Comcast Entertainment Studios will produce the “Ministry” pieces and the show.
Hardwick, who is a self-proclaimed Doctor Who fan, has hosted several events for the hit U.K. series. His pilot/special will be a BBC America original program.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR