Chris Hardwick Sells Half of Nerdist Industries to GeekChicDaily
The comedian and "Web Soup" host sells half of his company to the Peter Guber-backed cross-platform publisher.
It's been a good few weeks for Chris Hardwick.
After inking a deal with BBC America for a pilot based on his popular Nerdist podcast and hosting the Ministry of Laughs comedy block on the cable network, the comedian has sold 50 percent of Nerdist Industries with newsletter and cross-platform publisher GeekChicDaily.
Nerdist Industries consists of properties including the Nerdist.com blog and the podcast.
"What Chris has created with the Nerdist brand and voice maps incredibly well onto our aspirations for the business," says GeekChicDaily angel investor and board member Peter Guber. "His authenticity with this audience is genuine and undeniable."
GeekChicDaily, whose investors and partners include Guber, Legendary Pictures, Joe Roth, Bob Pittman, venture capitalist Mike Slade, Machinima CEO Allen DeBevoise and Yoshimoto Kogyo.
Alex Murray of Brilstein Entertainment Partners repesented Hardwick and Nerdist Industries in the transaction.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack