Chris Hemsworth Nominated for Orange Rising Star Award
Fellow "Thor" cast member Tom Hiddleston also gets spot on publicly-voted for honor presented during BAFTA’s film awards.
LONDON – Chris Hemsworth, who will next be seen starring opposite Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Huntsman, is nominated to win this year’s Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award 2012.
Hemsworth, who corralled public attention after his turn in Thor, is up against fellow Thor star Tom Hiddleston, currently riding the red carpet as War Horse rolls into theaters worldwide.
Also nominated is Irish comedian and actor Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids), actor-turned-filmmaker Adam Deacon (Anuvahood), former Broadway and film acting newcomer Eddie Redmayne (My Week With Marilyn).
Presented during the British Academy’s film awards, having been voted on by cell operator Orange’s customers, the Rising Star Award was created in honor of Mary Selway, the highly respected BAFTA-winning casting director.
The nominations aim to recognise five international actors and actresses whose talent has captured the imagination of the British public.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR