Chris Hemsworth in 'Rush': First Look at Ron Howard's Formula One Flick (Photo)
The "Thor" star features as racing legend James Hunt in the 1976-set sports drama.
After months of Twitter teasing, we finally get our first look at Chris Hemsworth in Ron Howard's Rush.
The Oscar-winning director has tweeted plenty of photos from the various sets of his upcoming racing flick (as well as editing bay shots such as this one), in which Hemsworth plays the charismatic English Formula One driver James Hunt. Though his career was short-lived, Hunt went head-to-head with Austrian star racer Niki Lauda (played by Daniel Bruhl) for the Formula One title in '76.
Joining Hemsworth and Bruhl in the film are Olivia Wilde and Natalie Dormer.
The film is now in post-production, with a debut date of September 2013 targeted by Universal. Howard recently tweeted that the long post-time comes thanks to complex sound editing required -- which makes sense given the loud engines of race cars. He has also sent photos from various NASCAR races he's attended, which he's used as research.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10