Chris Jericho to host ABC game show
Pro wrestler Chris Jericho has been tapped in to host ABC's upcoming extreme game show "Downfall."
Jericho is well known to wrestling fans, having been in the ring since the 1990s and winning the WWE World Championship six times.
ABC's latest reality contest premieres June 22.
On the six-episode series, contestants try to answer questions while on the roof of a Los Angeles high-rise. Meanwhile, "the largest conveyor belt ever seen on TV" will send potential winnings (cash and prizes), the player's personal possessions and even friends and family over the side of the building.
Jericho, repped by APA and manager Barry Bloom, will ask players questions and tempt them with various options throughout the game.
He also made his big-screen debut this summer in "MacGruber."
ABC had the most recent breakout summer reality series two years ago with "Wipeout" and is looking to the FremantleMedia North America-produced "Downfall" to boost this summer.
"Downfall" will get a lead-in from "Wipeout" on Tuesday nights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR