Chris Krewson Joins The Hollywood Reporter as Editor of THR.com
The award-winning online journalist who has worked at Variety and The Philadelphia Inquirer starts his new job Friday.
The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday announced the hiring of Chris Krewson as editor of THR.com. Krewson comes to THR from Variety, where he was editor of Variety.com since 2010.
“Chris brings a strong news metabolism that will continue to drive growth at THR.com,” says THR editorial director Janice Min, to whom Krewson will report. “As our digital footprint continues to grow, his contribution will be invaluable.”
While at Variety, Krewson led its round-the-clock online newsroom and -- despite the site’s paywall -- drove a huge increase in breaking news alerts and instituted key upgrades to the brand’s web and mobile platforms.
“I’m thrilled to be joining THR, especially at a time when the brand’s online presence is growing at an incredible pace as its digital properties expand each day,” said Krewson, who will start his new job June 29.
Prior to Variety, Krewson was executive online editor at The Philadelphia Inquirer, where he oversaw all elements of content from breaking news to blogs to special online projects. A number of features produced by Krewson won or were nominated for national journalism awards including “Smoke and Mirrors,” a Pulitzer Prize finalist on the environment, and “Kali’s Book,” an interactive feature for the Philadelphia Please Touch Museum, which won the National Headliner Award for journalistic innovation. Krewson also has been online editor and multimedia editor at The Morning Call and a beat reporter for Pennsylvania’s Central Daily Times.
Krewson’s online team at THR will lead coverage of breaking entertainment news and exclusives at THR.com, which has more than 7 million unique visitors per month, according to comScore.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills