Chris Linn promoted at MTV
He takes post as executive vp of production
NEW YORK -- MTV president of programming Tony DiSanto has promoted Chris Linn to the post of executive vp of MTV Production. He will continue to report directly to DiSanto and be based in New York.
Linn, most recently senior vp of production, series development and animation, will directly support DiSanto in the strategic management and execution of production, as well as development of content. He will continue to head the development and production of original TV movies.
Linn and his team will continue to support the creative development and physical production of pilots and series originating from the East and West Coasts, including production planning, supervision, budgeting and negotiation of production talent deals.
"Chris has an amazingly eclectic skill set and talent to bridge both the creative and logistics of content creation across a wide array of formats," said DiSanto.
Linn has most recently supervised production on such series as "The Hills," "16 & Pregnant" and "Jersey Shore." In 2009, he took on the additional responsibility of overseeing the development and production of TV movies for MTV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting