Christopher Meloni Nabs Big Role in Joel Surnow's 'Small Time'
The former star of "Law & Order: SVU," "True Blood" and "Oz" is set to star in the "24" creator's semi-autobiographical story about a used car dealer, his ex-wife and their unambitious son.
Chris Meloni is in final negotiations to star in Small Time, an indie drama written and to be directed by 24 co-creator Joel Surnow.
The story, a semi-autobiographical passion project for Surnow, centers on a used car dealer (Meloni) in Van Nuys who is still in love with his ex-wife and is dealing with a son that wants to forgo college and work alongside his father on the lot.
Devon Bostick (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) has been cast as the son, and Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) is in talks to play the Meloni’s partner.
An April shoot is being planned. Surnow is producing. Executive producing are Jonathan Koch and Steve Michaels through their production banner Asylum Entertainment.
Meloni, repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment, has been keeping himself quite busy since leaving Law & Order: Special Victims Unit last year after 12 seasons. He shot Man of Steel for Christopher Nolan and nabbed a role on HBO’s True Blood. After Small Time, he will shoot 42, Legendary’s Jackie Robinson biopic with Harrison Ford and director Brian Helgeland.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'