Chris O'Dowd to Host British Independent Film Awards 2011
"Bridesmaids" actor replaces James Nesbitt after six years at the BIFA podium.
LONDON – Chris O’Dowd, who turned out in Bridesmaids as a love-struck cop, is to host this year’s British Independent Film Awards (BIFAs).
O’Dowd, a star turn in the cult TV show The IT Crowd here, replaces actor James Nesbitt who has hosted the awards for the past six years.
Nesbitt steps down from front of house BIFA duty and will now become a patron of BIFA.
Irish comedian and actor O’Dowd’s resume also boasts turns in Dinner For Schmucks, The Boat That Rocked and Gulliver’s Travels.
He will next be seen in Judd Apatow’s This Is 40 opposite Paul Rudd.
This year’s BIFAs take place Dec. 4 at Old Billingsgate, London.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR