Chris Pine and Zoe Saldana to Host AMPAS' Scientific and Technical Awards
During the event on Saturday, Feb. 9, the "Star Trek Into Darkness" stars will present nine awards to 25 individual recipients.
Chris Pine and Zoe Saldana have been tapped as the hosts for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Scientific and Technical Awards.
During the event on Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Star Trek stars will present nine awards to 25 individual recipients.
"We are thrilled to have Chris and Zoe host the Sci-Tech Awards," said Academy president Hawk Koch. "Their film experience with the kind of technical advancements these awards honor makes them the perfect pair for the job."
Both Pine and Saldana starred in 2009's Star Trek. Pine, who played James T. Kirk, and Saldana, who played Uhura, will reprise their roles in the upcoming sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness, due out in May.
Pine also will star in the upcoming film Jack Ryan opposite Keira Knightley and Kevin Costner. Saldana will be seen in Blood Ties, with Mila Kunis and Marion Cotillard, due out later this year.
As previously announced, visual effects supervisor and director of photography Bill Taylor will be honored with the John A. Bonner Medal of Commendation. Portions of the Scientific and Technical Awards Presentation, produced this year by David Friendly, will be included in the Oscar telecast.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR