Chris Rock Calls Obamas 'Mom and Dad of the Country' During Gun Control Rally in Washington
The comedian is part of a campaign funded in part by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group.
Chris Rock appealed to the nation's inner child during his pitch for gun control Wednesday in Washington D.C.
"The president and the first lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country," Rock said during a rally at the Capitol. "And when your dad says something, you listen. And when you don’t, it usually bites you in the ass later on."
Rock's speech was part of an event sponsored by the Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Demand a Plan advocacy groups. The former is headed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a noted gun-control advocate.
Also at the event was Tony Bennett, who called himself a pacifist and said that he hoped to see assault weapons banned, as well as world peace achieved. Joining Rock and Bennett was Parks and Recreation star Adam Scott, who made videos endorsing President Barack Obama's re-election, as well as actress Amanda Peet.
Demand a Plan organized a star-studded video in the wake of the Newtown school shooting that included gun control appeals from Beyonce, Michelle Williams and Gwyneth Paltrow. President Obama unveiled a package of gun control proposals in January, which is awaiting congressional debate.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!