Chris Rock Tweets Defense of Jeremy Lin Amid Criticism
With the Knicks' point guard moving to the Rockets, the comedian takes a shot at the way his value has been questioned.
Jeremy Lin is headed to Houston, and New York is split on whether that's a good thing or not. Chris Rock has a few things to say about that.
"If linn [sic] were a 23 old black kid who came straight from high school and had tat on his neck that said thug life and happened to score 38 points on the lakers I don't think anyone would question his contract," Rock wrote on Twitter on Wednesday; Lin is the first American-born player of Chinese or Taiwainese descent in NBA history
Lin was a revelation during a magical run for the Knicks this past season, keying a 25 game charge that got the struggling team into playoff position. He became a sensation, earning himself a $25 million dollar contract in the process -- but no one expected it to be from the Rockets. And while the Knicks said they'd match the deal, they elected not to do so out of salary concerns, leading to a debate between Knicks fans: was his contract worth matching, given the huge luxury tax implications involved?
Instead, the Knicks chose to sign point guard Jason Kidd, a 40-year old former All-Star, and trade for Raymond Felton, a one-time Knick who was traded in 2011 for Carmelo Anthony.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera