Chris Tucker Boards 'Second Honeymoon'
Phil Joanou will rewrite the script and direct the comedy.
Chris Tucker is attached to star in Second Honeymoon, a comedy from Relativity Media that Phil Joanou just boarded as director, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Todd Garner, Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh and Tucker’s producing partner Karen Bell are producing. Tucker will serve as an executive producer.
The story concerns a couple who attempt to jumpstart their marriage by returning to Antigua, where they eloped 10 years earlier after a wild week of debauchery. Their plan to redo everything goes out the window when they're thrown into danger as they discover the surprising ways they affected the people they came into contact with one their first visit.
Joanou is rewriting the script by Peter Gaulke and Kevin Heffernan
Honeymoon continues Tucker’s return to movies. The comedian, whose output in the early 2000s consisted of Rush Hour sequels, came back with a key supporting role in last year’s awards darling Silver Linings Playbook.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR