Chris Tucker Jokes About $11.5 Million IRS Debt
"That's the last time I let Wesley Snipes help me out with my taxes," he says during a Miami comedy routine.
Chris Tucker has a sense of humor about his $11.5 million debt to the IRS -- which could cost him his $6 million Florida home.
"That's the last time I let Wesley Snipes help me out with my taxes," joked the Rush Hour star, 39, recently during a Miami stand-up comedy routine (via the Miami New Times). Snipes is currently serving a three-year prison sentence for not filing tax returns.
Of bill collectors, Tucker said, "They calling you acting like you owe them the money personally! I don't owe you s---! This is between me and the company!"
Tucker quipped that he is so bad with money, he bought two homes next to each other and ended up going door-to-door asking himself if he could borrow a cup of sugar.
The New Times says he got so wrapped up in talking about his financial troubles, he admitted he lost his train of thought -- before riffing on having to fly coach instead of first class these days.
"You get in first, and they set you up with some champagne and shrimp, and you're all comfy and stuff, and what do they do? They let the coach people in and make you feel all guilty," he said.
SunTrust Bank recently filed foreclosure papers on Tucker's 10,000-square-foot waterfront home, according to court documents first obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.
Tucker signed a two-picture deal with New Line Cinema in 2005 for an estimated $40 million.
Rush Hour 3 grossed more than $250 million globally.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother