Christian Alvart to Direct Til Schweiger's Return to TV
The director of "Pandorum" and "Case 39" will shoot an episode of hit German cop show "Tatort" with the star.
COLOGNE, Germany - Christian Alvart, the German-born director of Pandorum starring Dennis Quaid and Case 39 with Rene Zellweger, will direct Til Schweiger (Inglourious Basterds) in the German movie star's return to television.
According to German newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt, Alvart will direct an upcoming episode of hit local cop series Tatort, in which Schweiger will play the lead.
Alvart is no stranger to the series, having directed previous Tatort episodes featuring actors Axel Milberg and Sibel Kekilli, known for her role as Shae in HBO's Game of Thrones.
Alvart will shoot the Tatort episode starring Schweiger in September for broadcast later this year. Schweiger began his career in German television, but moved on to the big screen, where he is the country's top box office draw.
Schweiger is also one of Germany's most successful directors. His new film, the action thriller Guardian Angels, comes out next month.
Alvart has just wrapped shooting on his latest feature, the German-language action film Banklady, based on the true story of Germany's first female bank robber. Studiocanal will release Banklady in Germany.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR