Christian Bale in Talks to Star in 'Everest'
Baltasar Kormakur is attached to the direct the true-life adventure film.
Christian Bale is in negotiations to star in Everest, a true-life adventure movie from Working Title and Universal, THR has confirmed.
Baltasar Kormakur is attached to the direct the movie, which will have the involvement of Emmett/Furla as a co-financier. While there are several movie projects in a race to scale the world’s most famous peak, this Everest tells the events of 1996 when two groups attempted to reach the summit and several events led to tragedy and disaster.
Bale will play Rob Hall, the leader of a New Zealander group who ran Adventure Consultants. (Yes, “ran.” This is a tragedy, remember?)
A summer production start in Iceland is being eyed for the $20 million project. Bale is prepping to reteam with his Fighter director David O. Russell for an untitled project that will also star Jeremy Renner, Bradley Cooper and Amy Adams.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game