Christian Bale's Mystery Mumble to Robert De Niro: What He Said
The best supporting actor winner blurted out De Niro's name at the end of his speech -- as the show cut away to commercial.
What did Christian Bale say to Robert De Niro after taking the stage to accept his best supporting actor Golden Globe for The Fighter? (As Bale was finishing up his speech, he blurted out De Niro's name, swore and began talking again before the music swelled up and the show cut to commercial.)
"I just told him he's the shit. You see an actor of that caliber and Robert Duvall… I don't know if he's here… those guys are the shit," Bale joked to a room full of reporters backstage. "I just wanted to say I'm proud to be in the same room as him."
Bale was also asked about host Ricky Gervais, who has already skewered Angelina Jolie, Charlie Sheen and Scientology Sunday.
"I hope he's going to keep going further. That's what tonight is all about," said Bale. "Everything's up for a joke."
Bale also explained why he so profusely thanked Relativity Media's Ryan Kavanaugh.
"He told me if I thanked him personally, he'd pay me for the next movie we do," he said.
Bale sported long hair backstage, but it's not for a role.
"The long hair is unemployment," said Bale. "I haven't worked since The Fighter."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!