Christina Aguilera Arrested for Public Intoxication (Video)
Authorities don't plan to seek criminal charges.
NEW YORK – Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend Matthew Rutler were arrested early Tuesday morning in West Hollywood, TMZ reported.
Aguilera, 30, was booked for public intoxication, while Rutler was arrested for driving under the influence (both misdemeanor charges).
Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Bill McSweeney Aguilera appeared extremely intoxicated and incapable of driving home, so she was taken to the West Hollywood sheriff's station and held until she sobered up. She was released out a back gate around 7:30 a.m., avoiding paparazzi at the front.
Aguilera was criticized for flubbing a line of the national anthem when she sang at the Super Bowl a few weeks ago.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR