Christina Aguilera Arrested for Public Intoxication (Video)
Authorities don't plan to seek criminal charges.
NEW YORK – Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend Matthew Rutler were arrested early Tuesday morning in West Hollywood, TMZ reported.
Aguilera, 30, was booked for public intoxication, while Rutler was arrested for driving under the influence (both misdemeanor charges).
Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Bill McSweeney Aguilera appeared extremely intoxicated and incapable of driving home, so she was taken to the West Hollywood sheriff's station and held until she sobered up. She was released out a back gate around 7:30 a.m., avoiding paparazzi at the front.
Aguilera was criticized for flubbing a line of the national anthem when she sang at the Super Bowl a few weeks ago.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR