Christina Aguilera's National Anthem Flub (VIDEO)
"I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of it's anthem still came through," she says in a statement.
Christina Aguilera messed up the words to the National Anthem on Sunday night.
When she was supposed to sing the line "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming," she instead repeated a slight variation of an earlier line, singing, "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming." (Watched would have been "hailed.")
She said in a statement after: "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws