Christina Kounelias Tapped Motion Picture Academy's Chief Marketing Officer
She will oversee all planning, strategy and marketing for the Academy in the newly created position.
Christina Kounelias has been named in the newly created post of chief marketing officer for the Motion Picture Academy.
In one of her first moves as the Academy's new CEO, Dawn Hudson has charged Kounelias in overseeing all planning, strategy and marketing execution of Academy initiatives including the Oscars, the Governors Awards and educational outreach and screening programs. Kounelias, who will report directly to Hudson, will assume her new position Aug. 1.
The Academy's current marketing, communications and online staff will in turn report to Kounelias.
“As the Academy expands and fosters the achievements of the film community and its legacy, we are proud to have an executive of Christina’s caliber join us in this vital role," said Hudson. "Christina brings a wealth of experience and a strategic perspective from working within the film community, which makes her the right person at the right time to lead our marketing initiatives and build upon the Academy's on-going achievements.”
Kounelias comes from New Line Cinema, where she served as executive vice president of marketing and worked on campaigns for films such as Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy. Before New Line, she worked at Miramax Films and has worked on film projects including Sex and the City, The Wedding Crashers and Hairspray.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!