Christopher Lloyd Boards Canadian Revenge Thriller '88'
The "Back to the Future" star is reteaming with director April Mullen and writer Tim Doiron after starring in their latest genre pic, "Dead Before Dawn 3D."
TORONTO – Christopher Lloyd has reteamed with Canadian director April Mullen and Wango Films to topline 88, now shooting in Ontario's Niagara region.
Lloyd, who played a grandfather who ran an occult shop in Mullen's Dead Before Dawn 3D, is starring in her revenge thriller alongside Katharine Isabelle, Jesse McCartney and Kyle Schmid.
As with Dead Before Dawn 3D, 88 is written by Tim Doiron, Mullen's longtime collaborator.
The genre pic follows a young woman (Isabelle) who finds herself in a roadside diner with no idea where she is or how she got there.
Split between two timelines, she gets taken on a revenge-fueled journey as she seeks out the person responsible for her lover’s death.
The film, set for a 2014 release, received financing from Telefilm Canada and the Ontario Media Development Corporation.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera