Christopher Nolan to Be Honored With First Visual Effects Society Visionary Award
The Visual Effects Society will present Inception director Christopher Nolan with its inaugural VES Visionary Award at its 9th annual VES Awards on Jan. 28 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
The award honors an individual “who has uniquely and consistently employed the art and science of visual effects to foster imagination and ignite future discoveries by way of artistry, invention and groundbreaking work.”
“Christopher Nolan has been at the forefront in using vfx to help tell complex and astonishing stories that change the way we think about the world around us,” Jeffrey A. Okun, chair of the Visual Effects Awards Committee, said. “His body of work inspires and he continues to push the envelope both technically and in storytelling. Given the amazing work he’s already created in such a short span of time, he is absolutely the best person to receive our inaugural Visionary Award.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR