Christopher Nolan: Superman Is More Challenging Than Batman
The "Dark Knight" mastermind is producing "Man of Steel" but says the series is in good hands with director Zack Snyder: "I'm just amazed by what he is doing."
Sending Superman aloft again is a tougher task than resurrecting Batman, contends Christopher Nolan, who is producing Warner Bros.' Man of Steel, which director Zack Snyder is readying for a June 14 release.
“Zack was the perfect man to take this on,” Nolan says. "He is unbelievably skilled at creating a coherent, cohesive world -- whether it’s a very stylized world, like 300, or something that’s more challenging, more varied, like he did with Watchmen."
Nolan added: “In my honest appraisal, taking on Superman and creating that world is far more difficult than creating the world of the Dark Knight. He has a lot of finishing to do on the movie -- it has a very long postproduction schedule because, unlike Batman, Superman flies.
"I actually feel guilty talking about it because I’m sitting here having nothing to do to it," he concluded. "I try to be as supportive as I can, and I’m just amazed by what he is doing. It’s not something I would know how to do.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR