Christopher Plummer joins 'Dragon Tattoo'
EXCLUSIVE: Cast as patriarch of family with dark secrets
Christopher Plummer will play the patriarch of the family with dark secrets in Columbia's adaptation of worldwide book sensation "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
The movie, which is shooting in Sweden with David Fincher behind the camera, stars Daniel Craig as a disgraced journalist who teams up with a pierced and tattooed hacker, played by Rooney Mara.
The two are hired by a wealthy industrialist (Plummer) to solve a 40-year unsolved murder, but the case uncovers a web of familial corruption.
Scott Rudin is producing.
A veteran of stage and screen, Plummer voiced the part of the villain in Disney/Pixar's "Up" and earned his only Oscar nomination for playing Leo Tolstoy opposite Helen Mirren in the drama "The Last Station."
He will be seen in Screen Gems' vampire movie "Priest" with Paul Bettany and Stephen Moyer.
Plummer is repped by ICM, the Pitt Group and Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park