Christopher Plummer joins 'Dragon Tattoo'
EXCLUSIVE: Cast as patriarch of family with dark secrets
Christopher Plummer will play the patriarch of the family with dark secrets in Columbia's adaptation of worldwide book sensation "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."
The movie, which is shooting in Sweden with David Fincher behind the camera, stars Daniel Craig as a disgraced journalist who teams up with a pierced and tattooed hacker, played by Rooney Mara.
The two are hired by a wealthy industrialist (Plummer) to solve a 40-year unsolved murder, but the case uncovers a web of familial corruption.
Scott Rudin is producing.
A veteran of stage and screen, Plummer voiced the part of the villain in Disney/Pixar's "Up" and earned his only Oscar nomination for playing Leo Tolstoy opposite Helen Mirren in the drama "The Last Station."
He will be seen in Screen Gems' vampire movie "Priest" with Paul Bettany and Stephen Moyer.
Plummer is repped by ICM, the Pitt Group and Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game