Christopher Walken to sow 'Wild Oats'
Christina Ricci, Maria Bello, John Corbett already cast
CANNES -- Christopher Walken is negotiating to join the action-comedy "Wild Oats," from writer Claudia Myers and director Scott Marshall.
Shirley MacLaine, Maria Bello, Christina Ricci, John Corbett and Bill Pullman already are aboard the project about a widow who finds herself heading to Las Vegas with her granddaughter after a pile of money falls in her lap. Blythe Frank and Agathe David-Weill are producing the film; Michael Mailer is an executive producer.
Toronto-based Peace Arch Entertainment is repping presales of the project at the Marche du Film. Shooting is scheduled to begin in Connecticut and Nevada in August. CAA and ICM packaged the film.
The ICM-repped Walken most recently appeared in "Balls of Fury," "Hairspray" and "Man of the Year." He has Tony Vitale's comedy "Life's a Beach" forthcoming, and he's starring in Jonathan Hensleigh's "The Irishman," which Lightning Entertainment is selling at the Cannes market.
Peace Arch also is repping sales of Alexandre Rockwell's dark comedy "Pete Smalls Is Dead," the Heather Graham starrer "Three Days in Dublin" and the indie mystery "William Vincent," which screened at the Tribeca Film Festival last month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR