Ciaran Hinds Set for 'Sisters' (Cannes Exclusive)
Director Terry Loane also has Tilda Swinton in his sights for Irish activist tale.
CANNES -- Filmmaker Terry Loane has Ciaran Hinds attached and Oscar winner Tilda Swinton firmly in his sights for Sisters, a Northern Irish drama billed as Dead Poets Society meets Sister Act.
Produced by Noel Qualter via his U.K. production banner Cineman Films, the project has secured the exec producer services of Colin Vaines, whose resume includes producer of Madonna's W.E. and Lisa Lambert, the exec producer of Festival de Cannes In Competition Swinton starrer We Need To Talk About Kevin.
Written by Ronan Blaney, Sisters is set in 1960s West Belfast and tells the tale of a Irish mother, feminist, activist and nun who lands at a school and changes thousands of deprived kids' lives around with her skills as a teacher.
With Vaines and Lambert on board, Loane is eyeing a fall start for the project.
Loane's credits include acclaimed Northern Irish set comedy drama MickyBoo & Me and he also co-wrote Goal 2, the footballing trilogy of movies, distributed in certain territories by Buena Vista International.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR