Sony Has Nearly 1,000 Orders For Its New Super Slow Motion Camera
Launched in April at the NAB Show, Sony’s NEX-FS700U Full-HD camcorder has a new 4K Super 35 CMOS sensor and an estimated price of just under $10,000.
Nearly 1,000 Sony NEX-FS700U Full-HD super slow motion camcorders have been ordered since the technology was unveiled at April’s NAB Show, a Sony exec told The Hollywood Reporter.
The camera—which was on display this weekend at Cine Gear Expo—captures footage at up to 960 frames per second and is priced at roughly $10,000.
Slated for availability in late June, the camcorder supports full HD quality at 120 and 240 frames per second in a 16 or 8 second burst mode respectively. Its 480 fps and 960 fps at reduced resolution are available.
The NEX-FS700U uses a new 4K Super 35 CMOS sensor, and Sony said it is planning a future firmware upgrade aimed at enabling the camera to output 4K bitstream data over 3G HD-SDI when used with an optional Sony 4K recorder.
Sony’s F65 4K digital cinematography camera, which began shipping in January for $65,000, was also exhibited at Cine Gear and is now in use on features, TV and commercial work. Features that will be lensed with the F65 include Columbia’s After Earth and Smurfs 2, Universal’s Oblivion, and Screen Gems’ No Good Deed.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!