CineAsia to Laud Naoshi Yoda as Exhibitor of the Year
CineAsia will name Naoshi Yoda “Exhibitor of the Year" at the Dec. 8, 2011 awards ceremony in Hong Kong.
HONG KONG -- CineAsia will name Naoshi Yoda “Exhibitor of the Year" at the Dec. 8, 2011 awards ceremony in Hong Kong.
Yoda is the founder and chief executive officer of T-Joy under the Toei company, which operates a chain of multiplexes in 19 sites in Japan, amounting to 190 screens. He is also the founder and CEO of film and TV production and distribution company Amazonlaterna.
With T-Joy, Yoda is the major driving force of digitalization in the cinema industry in Japan. By July 2010, all of T-Joy’s cinemas were fully equipped with digital systems, including 3D. Yoda also created varieties of ODS (other digital stuff) or alternative contents, such as public viewings (live satellite feeds) and “GEKI X CINE” (PLAY/CINEMA).
Under Yoda’s leadership, Amazonlaterna established with Korea’s CJ Entertainment a joint venture, CJ Entertainment Japan, in April 2010, to create film content for the Asian market.
Yoda is also executive board member of the Japan Association of Theatre Owner, Tokyo Area, and a board member of the Nippon Academy-sho association (Japan Academy Prize Association).
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical