CineAsia to Laud Naoshi Yoda as Exhibitor of the Year
CineAsia will name Naoshi Yoda “Exhibitor of the Year" at the Dec. 8, 2011 awards ceremony in Hong Kong.
HONG KONG -- CineAsia will name Naoshi Yoda “Exhibitor of the Year" at the Dec. 8, 2011 awards ceremony in Hong Kong.
Yoda is the founder and chief executive officer of T-Joy under the Toei company, which operates a chain of multiplexes in 19 sites in Japan, amounting to 190 screens. He is also the founder and CEO of film and TV production and distribution company Amazonlaterna.
With T-Joy, Yoda is the major driving force of digitalization in the cinema industry in Japan. By July 2010, all of T-Joy’s cinemas were fully equipped with digital systems, including 3D. Yoda also created varieties of ODS (other digital stuff) or alternative contents, such as public viewings (live satellite feeds) and “GEKI X CINE” (PLAY/CINEMA).
Under Yoda’s leadership, Amazonlaterna established with Korea’s CJ Entertainment a joint venture, CJ Entertainment Japan, in April 2010, to create film content for the Asian market.
Yoda is also executive board member of the Japan Association of Theatre Owner, Tokyo Area, and a board member of the Nippon Academy-sho association (Japan Academy Prize Association).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR