Cinecitta Holding going private
Handover will take effect Monday
VENICE -- Cinecitta Holding, the parent company of Italy's storied Cinecitta Studios, is becoming more private.
With the creation of the Italian Entertainment Group -- backed by film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis, fashion magnate Diego Della Valle, banker Luigi Abete and the Haggiag family, prominent Roman financiers -- effective control of the company will pass into private hands Monday.
It is not clear what impact the change will have on the way Cinecitta Holding is run.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR