Cinecitta to relaunch Rome theme park
Cinecitta Entertainment, a subsidiary of Rome's renowned Cinecitta Studios, won the rights to re-launch a Rome-area attraction called Luneur Park, Cinecitta said Wednesday.
ROME -- Cinecitta Entertainment, a subsidiary of Rome's renowned Cinecitta Studios, won the rights to re-launch a Rome-area attraction called Luneur Park, Cinecitta said Wednesday.
The announcement said that the group will spend 30 million euros ($44 million) -- including 5 million euros ($7.4 million) this year -- to develop the cinema-themed park it says will attract 300,000-700,000 visitors per year.
Luneur Park was originally founded in the 1950s as a general theme park. But the park has fallen on hard times in recent years, and it sought a partner to help it update and attract new visitors.
Cinecitta said that the updated Luneur Park will include some cinema themes to take advantage of its connections with the storied Cinecitta Studios and that the park will also include live concerts and an expanded infrastructure.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR