Cinedigm Promotes Bob Fiorella
The executive, who will be executive vp and chief strategy officer/entertainment, played a key role in Cinedigm's acquisition of New Video Group.
Bob Fiorella has been promoted to executive vp and chief strategy officer/entertainment for Cinedigm Digital Corp. He will report to Cinedigm chairman and CEO Chris McGurk and COO Adam Mizel.
Fiorella previously oversaw the operations, strategy and theatrical acquisitions at CEG. He also was also the architect of the company’s restructuring and repositioning, which included the acquisition of New Video Group, a worldwide digital aggregator and distributor of independent content. Prior to joining Cinedigm, Fiorella held senior leadership roles at Disney, Universal and Fox.
With the acquisition of New Video, Cinedigm created a new, full service end-to-end digital releasing studio, enabling the company to acquire and distribute independent films and specialty content both theatrically and through digital, mobile and home media platforms.
“Having worked with Bob for over 20 years, beginning at Disney and continuing through Universal, I know him to be a valued advisor who brings that rare blend of business development prowess, financial sophistication and solid-gold instincts that will help lead Cinedigm to further success,” McGurk said. “I am thrilled to have him continue in this expanded role with the Company.”
Prior to joining Cinedigm, Fiorella held senior leadership roles at Disney, Universal and Fox.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'