Cinedigm Brings Digital Theater Management to Brazil
The digital cinema and theatrical technology will start in the Sao Paulo city of Hortolandia.
The digital cinema and theatrical technology solutions company, Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp., announced Wednesday that its digital cinema technology Theatre Command Center TMS has been installed at Cinesystem’s theater in Hortolandia, a city in the state of Sao Paulo.
The company and its local partner DGT -- a distributor for digital cinema equipment in Brazil -- is now working directly with exhibitors in Latin America, starting in Brazil.
“We are thankful for the opportunity and excited to work with such a forward-thinking exhibitor as Cinesystem and to demonstrate why the Cinedigm solutions are such a great fit for Brazil and the Latin American market,” said Jim Miller, President of Cinedigm’s Software Division.
The five-screen digital cinema in Hortolandia is using Cinedigm’s Theatre Command Center (TCC) to manage the scheduling, monitoring and playout of all digital content. TCC, one of the most automated and widely used TMS technologies in the world, supports the innovative boothless cinema concept that has been pioneered by Cinesystem, the fastest growing cinema exhibitor in Brazil and the first one in the country to develop 100 percent digital complexes.
Once the new system is installed, TCC and Enterprise will manage digital cinema operations without the daily hands on intervention by theatre staff required by other TMS solutions.
"As a result, our customers save time and money managing their digital theatres, with less errors and lower training costs," said Miller.
“This showcase in Hortolandia is the first of many planned deployments designed to demonstrate to exhibitors the technology and value that we are bringing to Brazil and Latin America,” added Tieres Tavares, President of DGT.
The cost of arranging this new technology is shared by exhibitors and studios through the payment of virtual print fees (VPF) to implementation companies. Cinedigm together with DGT will be responsible for structuring and implementing the underlying VPF agreements with the studios, as well as administering the VPF program.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)