Cinedigm Entertainment Marketing Appointments Part of Plan to Ramp Up Theatrical Distribution
Jeff Reichert and Stephanie Bruder are part of plan to offer independent filmmakers distribution in all markets, from theaters to digital to home video to mobile.
Completing a restructuring to position Cinedigm Entertainment Group to expand its theatrical distribution to as many as 24 titles in 2013, Jeff Reichert was named vp of theatrical marketing and Stephanie Bruder was appointed vp of marketing on Wednesday.
“Both Stephanie and Jeff are deeply knowledgeable, well-rounded industry players who will be ideal partners for filmmakers and content creators seeking innovative ways to market feature film and entertainment content, while exploiting every opportunity for innovation in VOD, digital and mobile distribution," said Susan Margolin, co-president of CEG.
CEG was formed earlier this year following the acquisition of New York-based New Video, which is a digital aggregator of independent content. According to the company, they will now have the ability to provide distribution of movies theatrical, through digital, mobile and home media.
Reichert was most recently senior vp of marketing and publicity for Magnolia Pictures, where he worked on such films as Man On Wire, No End In Sight and The Host, which was for their Magnet genre label.
Reichert is co-founder of Reverse Shot, a quarterly film journal. He also wrote and directed the feature documentary Gerrymandering, which premiered in 2010 at the Tribeca festival.
“All the new possibilities and creative models for getting great independent films to audiences are reinvigorating the distribution side of the industry. CEG’s existing businesses make them uniquely poised to capitalize on this moment,” said Reichert.
Bruder was formerly senior director of marketing at New Video and head of digital sales and marketing form 2007 until 2011. Before that she headed online marketing for Koch Lorber Films and managed campaigns for Focus Features and Universal Marketing at marketing firm Special Ops Media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!