Cinedigm and Mondo Media Partner to Distribute Animation Aimed at Teens and Young Adults
Shows including "Happy Tree Friends" will be distributed across multiple medium.
Cinedigm is teaming up with Mondo Media to help the animation hub aimed at teens and young adults extend its reach beyond YouTube into theaters, VOD, home video and digital outlets.
Until now, Mondo Media has aired shows such as Happy Tree Friends, Dick Figures and Deep Space 69 on YouTube. It says it has had more than 1.6 billion views, and it currently has 2.3 million subscribers. The company says that makes it one of the top 10 most-viewed non-music channels on YouTube.
To launch the new strategic partnership this year, they will distribute the entire Happy Tree Friends web and television series franchise and the 2006 animated Korean feature film Aachi & Ssipak in theaters, on VOD, home video and through digital outlets.
This is the first time Mondo’s breakout hit Happy Tree Friends -- with more than 2 billion views across all distribution platforms since its 2000 release -- will be made available to these other platforms.
Cinedigm’s release of 13 Happy Tree Friends half-hour episodes will include never-before-seen episodes and bonus materials. There are also 75 short films based on the same animation.
Aachi & Ssipak -- an animated, postapocalyptic feature film that explores the worlds of cross-dressing, break-dancing, decapitations, etc. -- will be released this winter on Mondo’s YouTube Channel as well as in theaters and on VOD, home video and through digital outlets.
Cinedigm CEO Chris McGurk believes its partnership with Mondo will make the animated works more accessible across a series of different mediums and devices.
“Cinedigm has a history of working with new media content creators and developing ground-breaking revenue opportunities across all platforms and marketing the properties via nontraditional windowing strategies,” says McGurk. “From our work with Felicia Day and The Guild to Red vs. Blue, we know a successful property needs to be accessible to its fans across all platforms and devices. We are certain the 2.3 million subscribers that clamor to see the latest Mondo offerings online will be equally enthusiastic to see them — curated with new, original content — across all platforms.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera