Cinedigm and Universal Enter Home Video Deal
Universal Studios Home Entertainment will now handle physical distribution of Cinedigm titles in North America while Cinedigm will continue managing its own sales and marketing.
Cinedigm has entered into a multi-year agreement with Universal Studios Home Entertainment to provide physical distribution services in North America, it was announced Tuesday.
Cinedigm will continue to sell directly to consumers through its existing sales force, while Universal will now handle the distribution of Cinedigm’s library of over 5,000 titles which includes movies and documentaries.
“Having worked with Craig Kornblau at both Disney and Universal, I’m thrilled to be working with him and the entire Universal Studios Home Entertainment team again,” said Chris McGurk, Cinedigm’s chairman and ceo, who previously held executive posts at both Disney and Universal. “With Universal by our side, we look forward to rapidly expanding our home entertainment business and are certain that more opportunities to work together will develop as this partnership evolves.”
“Cinedigm is an excellent complement to our evolving portfolio of distribution partners," said Universal Studios Home Entertainment president Kornblau. “Chris and his team have created an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company with a substantial film and television library, which, paired with Universal’s formidable home entertainment distribution structure, effectively positions our companies for a long and prosperous collaboration."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)