CineEurope Attendees to Get Sneak Peak at 'Harry Potter' Finale
'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Part 2' to bow globally July 15.
COLOGNE, Germany - European theater owners will get a sneak peak at the final film in the Harry Potter franchise. Organizers at exhibitor trade fair CIneEurope will screen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for attendees on June 30, a week before the film has its official worldwide premiere in London July 7. The film bows stateside July 15th.
The eighth and final film in the Potter franchise is as close as a movie can get to a guaranteed blockbuster. A holiday poll by Fandago.com named Deathly Hallows 2 the most anticipated film of this year and Internet forums have been heating up ahead of this summer's due date.
Europe's theater owners are counting on Potter to top up their till take. Deathly Hollows Part 1 was, internationally, the most successful of the Potter's franchise, taking in some $660 million. Exhibitors are banking on Part 2 breaking that record, given that the final film in the series will be in 3-D, further boosting box office revenue.
The 2011 CineEurope runs June 27-30 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR