Cineflix Rights Snags ITV Studios' Kate Laffey for Acquisitions
The UK-based outfit is eyeing more third-party content from outside of North America for international distribution.
TORONTO - ITV Studios Global Entertainment’s Kate Laffey is joining Cineflix Rights as director of acquisitions.
Cineflix Rights, the U.K. distribution arm of Toronto-based Cineflix Media, is eyeing more third-party content from indie producers outside of North America for international distribution.
Laffey is current senior acquisitions executive at ITV Studios Global Entertainment, acquiring scripted and non-scripted content from third-party producers and ITV Studios.
She’ll join Cineflex Feb. 4, reporting to senior vp of acquisitions Noel Hedges.
“Her experience in acquiring high quality, high performing content from some of the world’s best producers, means she's ideally placed to help drive our overall acquisitions strategy,” Chris Bonney, CEO of rights at Cineflix Media, said in a statement on Laffey’s appointment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR