Cineflix Rights Inks Distribution Deal for Aussie Drama 'Secrets & Lies'
The move marks the indie outfit's continued shift from factual to scripted TV fare after taking on product from former "Coronation Street" boss Tony Wood's Buccaneer Media.
TORONTO -- As it diversifies beyond factual to scripted TV fare, indie distributor Cineflix Rights has signed up the Australian drama series Secrets & Lies.
The six-part crime thriller from U.K. producer Hoodlum for Australia’s Network Ten stars Martin Henderson, Anthony Hayes, Diana Glenn and Adrienne Pickering.
Cineflix Rights will help co-finance Secrets & Lies alongside Network Ten, Screen Queensland and Screen Australia, before launching the Aussie drama at MIPCOM 2013 for world broadcast sales.
Noel Hedges, senior vice president of acquisitions at Cineflix Rights, who brokered the distribution deal, said his company has grown its third-party factual slate to now accounting for half of its catalog.
“The next stage for us is to build on this growth through acquisitions of scripted series to distribute alongside programming from Cineflix Studios and Buccaneer Media,” he added.
Veteran British TV producer Tony Wood (Coronation Street, Hollyoaks) in April joined with Cineflix Media to launch his own production shingle, Buccaneer Media.
As Wood expands beyond the British market in partnership with the Canadian-based producer and distributor, London-based Cineflix Rights will distribute Buccaneer Media series worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR