Cineflix Sells 'Trauma Doctors' Doc Series to Channel 5
The London hospital-set show about air-ambulance medical specialists goes beyond fixed-rig, static observation series to offer a 360-degree view of accident emergency treatment.
TORONTO – Cineflix Productions has been tapped by Channel 5 to produce the medical documentary series Trauma Doctors.
Set in the Royal London Hospital trauma unit, the four one-hour series will focus on life and death storylines around London's Air Ambulance service based on the roof of the hospital.
Camilla Lewis, managing director of Cineflix Productions U.K., a division of Toronto-based Cineflix Media, said Trauma Doctors goes beyond fixed-rig, static observation series to offer a 360-degree view of frontline trauma consultants investigating an accident patient’s condition and treating them on the hop.
“It's a technique we are developing in other genres,” Lewis added in a statement.
Channel 5 will debut Trauma Doctors in April.
Cineflix Rights is distributing the series internationally as Trauma Investigators.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR