Cineflix's 'Copper' to Stream on Amazon's Lovefilm Service in U.K.
The online video provider will offer the BBC America and Showcase period cop-drama on demand starting on Friday.
TORONTO -- Canada's Cineflix Media has inked a deal with Amazon's U.K. online streaming service LoveFilm for the exclusive U.K. rights to Copper, the Showcase and BBC America period cop-drama.
Starting Friday, LoveFilm will stream season one of BBC America's first scripted series on-demand with immediate access to all episodes, meaning subscribers can engage in binge viewing.
Copper stars Tom Weston-Jones, Kyle Schmid and Anastasia Griffith in a series set in 1860s New York City where a police detective, or copper, returns from the Civil War to bring order to the grimy Five Points neighborhood.
“As we look to increase our broadcast partners and revenue from the growing trend for online viewing, we’re delighted to partner with LoveFilm, which is the perfect way for fans to dive into the gritty world of post-Civil War New York," Chris Bonney, CEO of rights at Cineflix Media, said.
Copper is produced by Cineflex in association with BBC America and Shaw Media.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR