CinemaCon 2012: Sylvester Stallone Feted with Career Achievement Award
CinemaCon gets underway Monday in Las Vegas.
Sylvester Stallone will be honored with the CinemaCon Career Achievement Award at the annual gathering of theaters this week in Las Vegas.
CinemaCon, which got underway Monday, concludes with the awards gala April 26.
The show, hosted by the National Association of Theatre Owners at Caesars Palace, is drawing a bigger-than-usual studio presence this year, with all six majors -- Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warners -- on hand to preview their upcoming slates, beginning with Paramount on Monday night.
Stallone will next be in theaters with Lionsgate's The Expendables 2, which opens Aug. 17. He stars opposite Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Liam Hemsworth, Scott Adkins, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme and Yu Nan in the sequel to surprise 2010 hit.
"Sylvester Stallone has proven himself time and time again to be a prolific actor, writer and director over the years," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said. "Throughout his incredible career spanning nearly 40 years, Sylvester has established his ability to continually captivate his audiences."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)