CinemaCon: Aubrey Plaza to Receive Breakthrough Performer of the Year Award
The "Parks and Recreation" actress will star in comedy "The To Do List," hitting theaters in August 16.
Aubrey Plaza will receive the CinemaCon Breakthrough Performer of the Year Award at this year's event, managing director Mitch Neuhauser announced Monday.
The Parks and Recreation actress will be honored at the CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards ceremony on Thursday, April 18, at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
CinemaCon, a convention for the motion picture theatre industry, will be held from April 15-18 in Las Vegas.
Along with playing April Ludgate on NBC's comedy, Plaza starred in the 2012 film Safety Not Guaranteed and will next be seen in CBS Films' comedy The To Do List, hitting theaters on August 16. It also stars Johnny Simmons, Bill Hader, Alia Shawkat, Sarah Steele, Rachel Bilson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Donald Glover, Scott Porter, Andy Samberg, Connie Britton and Clark Gregg.
Previously announced honorees during CinemaCon include Chris Pine, Armie Hammer, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Hailee Steinfeld.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)